Along with a multitude of Canadian businesses and non-profit organizations, WeEmploy Inc. participated in the Pink Shirt Day on February 22. The Anti-Bullying Day was also celebrated in schools across Canada.
In an article on Metro Vancouver, Big Data stays firmly at the forefront of innovation. Ethelo Decisions Inc. is working on harnessing Big Data through an algorithm that produces a ‘Collective Intelligence’. In turn, this can purportedly be used to improve policy creation and corporate strategy.
Is Big Data really the future of government and R&D?
Jack Ma, founder and chairman of Alibaba Group (pictured) shares his framework for success. He calls it the 30/30/30 strategy.
- Take a 30-year perspective (or longer)
- Keep an eye on innovative companies with 30 employees or less
- look at the world through the lens of a 30-year-old because they are the future of business
In 2016, United Way of Calgary and Area worked with Calgarians to create a video that showed residents’ commitment and love for the city of Calgary.
View the video below:
Venture capital promotes “innovation and long-term investment”. But when it comes to venture capital investment, not all industries are viewed equally. At the turn of 2017, the World Economic Forum shares the top ten US industries that receive the most venture capital.
A CBC report shows results from a census indicates “Calgary had the highest growth rate of any metropolitan area in Canada over the past five years.
The news comes as Calgary is experiencing a downturn.
According to the 2016 census, Calgary surpassed Ottawa-Gatineau to become the fourth largest metropolitan area in the Canada. The former has 1.4 million people, while the latter records 1.3 million.
The article also states that Ontario remains the country’s most populous province, with a population of 13,448,494.
The population of other provinces and territories:
- Quebec: 8,164,361.
- British Columbia: 4,648,055.
- Alberta: 4,067,175.
- Manitoba: 1,278,365.
- Saskatchewan: 1,098,352.
- Nova Scotia: 923,598.
- New Brunswick: 747,101.
- Newfoundland and Labrador: 519,716.
- Prince Edward Island: 142,907.
- Northwest Territories: 41,786.
- Nunavut, 35,944 and Yukon: 35,874.
Most of the laptops will be distributed to families accessing CBFY’s services, while some of them will remain at their facility in a new onsite computer lab that will be regularly accessible to all of their clients.
Thenextweb.com shares 5 digital trends that can help your brand stand head and shoulders above the competition.
“Marketing strategies such as social media outreach, search engine marketing, and web site pop-ups are yesterday’s trends. Every business does those now.”
Business consultant and freelance writer Peter Scott lists the following trends:
- Advanced marketing automation (ie Agile CRM)
- Data-driven marketing campaigns
- Crowd-sourced brand content
- Serious influencer marketing
- Global marketing for all (digital widens the scope and value of global campaigns further, weighed against the impact of localized campaigns).